Sunday, May 1, 2011

One-Year Anniversary

This week marks our one-year anniversary since we purchased and moved into our new home. After a year of experience here's what we can say about home ownership: we like it. I could write a lot about all of the headaches and things we've needed to repair or work on, but no one wants to read that. Here are a few of the things about home ownership that we've been enjoying recently:

This weekend we turned our Spider Village/Junk Room into a Food Storage Room! 


Our goal for this year is to build up one year's supply of food. So far, I have found this website to be a great resource: http://dealstomeals.com/ If you know of any good websites or have any advice for getting a one year's supply of food storage, please send them our way! We are newbies and as you can see from the photos, still have a lot of empty spaces in our Food Storage Room.


I have also started my vegetable garden! These are my adorable little sprouts that I can't wait to plant outside come Mother's Day. It was surprising to me how exciting it was to see all of these seeds sprout and to watch their progress. I think that I am really going to enjoy gardening. This year (if all goes well), I hope to be growing some cucumbers, red peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, sugar snap peas, raspberries and strawberries!

1 comment: