Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Money Pit

Whoever first coined the term "money pit" when referring to home ownership was absolutely right. Within the past month we have encountered a leaky roof, a broken garage door, a broken outdoor water valve, and we are doing some major renovations to our back yard. Parking outside and having bricks and chopped-down trees all over our front and back yard have been an inconvenience, and paying the bills has been a real pain. Despite all that, I still love our home. I love having dinner on our back patio and listening to the wind blowing the leaves of our quaking aspens. I love seeing Kira in her element, exploring and running around the back yard. I love having friends and family over. I love that we have enough room to spare for those in need of a place to live. I love creating memories with Dave in a place that we will call "home" for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment